From Potable Water to Aggressive Chemicals,
Bolted Storage Tanks
are the Answer to your Storage Needs.
First of its Kind – Double Wall Glass Fused to Steel Bolted Storage Tank for Leachate Containment with Double Aluminum Cover, Eugene OR
Glass-Fused-to-Steel Bolted Tanks are created by fusing two materials to achieve the best properties of both – the strength and flexibility of steel and the corrosion resistance of glass – providing many advantages over standard epoxy coated or welded painted storage tanks.
The glass lining forms a hard, chemically inert layer that permanently protects the steel surface from rust, corrosion, undercutting, abrasion and stains. In addition, UIG’s proprietary EVERSTORE® coatings are specifically engineered around your application from pH zero to pH 14 providing even more corrosion resistance.
The Glass Fused-to-Steel construction of these bolted tanks is exceptional for the storage of potable water, waste water, petroleum, chemicals and dry bulk in such applications as mission critical cooling tanks, reservoirs, power generation stations, standpipes, frac processing, sludge tanks, trickling filters, and high temp fermentation plants.
They are used in many different applications such as waste water treatment plants, biogas plants and petroleum tank farms where steel corrosion would be an issue. Glass Fused-to-Steel Tanks are quick to manufacture and fast to erect in the field with our experienced crew or by utilizing a supervisor and local labor.
Pair with our UIG EVERDOME® Aluminum Dome Cover for virtually maintenance free storage.
Call (949) 759-3200 today to speak to one of our knowledgeable project engineers
for more information about how our proprietary Glass Fused-To-Steel Bolted Storage Tank Solutions
can benefit your next project in terms of cost savings and quality.
WHY GLASS FUSED-TO-STEEL TANKS?
Glass Fused-to-Steel Bolted Tanks are an exceptional choice for use as water storage tanks, waste water tanks, leachate storage and chemical storage. UIG Glass Lined Storage Tanks not only conform to the AWWA D103 standards but FAR EXCEEDS the standards by providing a stronger, safer product.
Often manufacturers disguise their specifications as the AWWA D103 standard and many times the writer of those specifications put in extraneous requirements to weed out the competition and give the buyer fewer, if any, other choices. This tactic is not to the benefit of the project owner. Your UIG Glass Lined Tank Specialist can explain to you the differences between the current AWWA D103 standard and a specification written by a manufacturer.
EVERSTORE® GLASS BOLTED TANK PANELS & COATINGS
UIG White Colored Glass Fused-to-Steel Bolted Tank with matching Glass Lined Roof – Guam
UIG uses proprietary Titanium (Ti) rich Hot Rolled Carbon Steel (TRS) which is specifically manufactured for the enameling process. This allows for exceptional physical performance and eliminates any fish scale defect. Furthermore, the superfine glass structure of the enameled layer provides the steel plates with excellent flexibility and durability. Other manufacturers choose a poorer quality A1011 Carbon Steel base, which is not recommended for durable and quality glass fused bonding. A1011 is the least expensive steel and contains levels of carbon that will make it difficult for good glass adhesion.
UIG’s proprietary enamel frits and titanium-rich steel (TRS) provides unparalleled adhesion. Proper coating thickness is key to elasticity and longevity. We make also our own glass frits for the enameling process so we can match the color YOU WANT for your tank.
UIG White Glass Fused-to-Steel Tank, 600K USG at Peco Foods in Arkansas
Most manufacturers use the same fin-necked bolts to assemble their glass lined tanks as they use for their epoxy coated tanks. Epoxy tanks can be touched up in the field, so use of fin type bolts make sense, but use these same bolts on glass fused-to-steel tank installation and you get cracking and scratches which can cause rusting inside the tank.
UIG’s proprietary finless bolts are the only bolts safe to use with glass fused-to-steel bolted tanks and which do not crack the coating during the installation process.
Call 949-759-3200 Now for a Fast Quote for your Next Project
GLASS FUSED-TO-STEEL TANK ADVANTAGES
- Corrosion Resistant Enameling gives superior strength and durability.
- Tanks are engineered and fabricated under strict quality control conditions to provide a precise fit in the field.
- Proprietary finless bolts protect glass coating from damage during installation.
- Designed and fabricated per AWWA, API, NSF 61, NFPA, IBC, EPA, DIN, ISO, ASTM, OSHA, UBC Seismic and other national and international standards.
- Rounded plate edges allow enamel encapsulation of the entire panel not just the front and back sides.
- Proprietary titanium rich carbon steel eliminates “fish scaling” and prevents corrosion.
- Many deck options available: Glass, Aluminum Dome, Fiberglass, Plastic Trough or Open Top with Bridges and necessary structures for Wastewater Treatment Systems and others.
- Built high or low profile on any surface, inside buildings or outside.
- Expandable and easy to relocate.
- Accessories available to suit any project requirement – Mixers, Heaters, Insulation, Sonic Level Indicators, SCADA.
BOLTED STEEL TANKS ARE EXCEPTIONAL FOR:
- Potable Water
- Fire Water
- Waste Water
- Data Center Water Cooling & Storage
- Demin Water
- Rescue Water
- Crude Oil
- Refinery Distillates
- Drilling Fluids
- Vegetable Oils
- Harvesting Rainwater for Water Savings
- Water Storage for Thermoelectric Power Production
- and more