UIG EVersTORE ®
Glass Fused-to-Steel Bolted tanks for BIOGAS and anaerobic digestors

UIG’s EVERSTORE ® glass-fused-to-steel tanks are the optimal solution for anaerobic digester applications. Whether mesophilic, thermophilic, pasteurizing or enzymic hydrolysis processes, EVERSTORE®  and EVERSTORE® Hybrid tanks are the industry leader in anaerobic digestion and biogas production for renewable energy applications.

A prototype of a biogas plant was first developed on an experimental basis in Germany during World War-II when there was shortage of fuel. The interest in biogas reached a peak at the beginning of World War II. In 1940, French scientists working in North Africa developed the technology of production of biogas from agricultural wastes and it was reported that some 1000 biogas plants were in operation in France and French North-Africa by 1950. Germany was forced to develop new energy resources during the war. Reportedly, 90,000 vehicles were converted to operate on Methane gas in order to save petroleum fuel. Following the war, many countries notably Great Britain, USA, Canada, Russia, Kenya, Uganda, South Africa, New Zealand and India showed interest in biogas technology.


Biogas is generated biologically from renewable biomass. Biogas achieves greenhouse gas emissions reductions by displacing fossil fuels with biogas energy, that is the cornerstone of climate change mitigation strategies worldwide.

Anaerobic digestion is a natural bacterial process by which a consortium of anaerobic bacteria is biodegrading organic matter in an environment without oxygen. This bacteria requires proper environment to thrive. Proper storage, feeding, acidity, oxygen deprivation and proper mixing at the right temperature are the key to efficient anaerobic digestion.

This process of anaerobic digestion takes place in storage equipment called anaerobic digesters. Biogas plants transform 10% only of the mass they process into biogas. The remaining 90% of the mass fed into the digester comes out as a fertilizer.

There is misconception that these storage tanks are entirely filled with pressurized explosive gases, when in fact they are filled primarily with wastewater with only top of the tank containing near atmospheric pressure biogas.

The biogas produced by an anaerobic digestion plant is composed of combustible gases methane (50 – 75%), carbon dioxide (25 – 50%), water (H2O), Nitrogen (N2), Oxygen (O2), Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S), ammonia (NH3), and trace elements (organo-halogenated, siloxanes, etc..). The main culprits in this mix are: H2S, CO2 and water that makes the biogas very corrosive.

Digesters are designed to run at different target temperature ranges that are typically 86 – 100 deg. F for mesophilic and 122 -140 deg. F for thermophilic.


EVERSTORE® GLASS FUSED-TO-STEEL TANKS FOR THE FARM

On-farm digesters can bring great value to farmers and the surrounding community. Digesters can help farmers manage nutrients, reduce odors and generate additional revenue.

Dairy, swine and poultry are the primary animal types for farms with digesters. On-farm digesters can also accept outside food waste as a feed stock.

The most common digester system technologies on farms in the USA are: plug flow, complete mix and covered lagoons.

The type of digester used on farms is typically determined by the manure management practices in place and type of animal manure that is fed into the digester. Biogas collected from the anaerobic digester is often used to generate electricity, to fuel boilers or furnaces or to provide combined heat and power.

The most advanced digester storage system is the EVERSTORE ® GFS for Glass Fused to Steel by United Industries Group. In addition, we offer hybrid system with concrete foundation, 316SS upper ring and self-supported roof.